We are currently seeking a Process Analysis Engineer to join our North America R&D team at our world headquarters in Perrysburg, Ohio.
The Process Analysis Engineer provides expertise and technical leadership in the design of systems involving momentum, energy, and mass transport. This person will be responsible for characterizing the behavior of industrial equipment used in the glass container manufacturing process through analytical calculations and the use of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software. The desired candidate will work with equipment designers and actively engage with design and process development teams. This employee will also manage individual design and analysis tasks from the proposal stage through analysis, reporting and presenting as needed. Projects range from analysis of existing equipment to development of new components.
(All other duties as assigned)
• Contribute innovative concepts as a key member of a development team charged with the design, analysis, and prototype testing of glass container forming systems.
• Develop models of processes involving fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, and heat transfer using analytical calculations and third party CFD modeling tools.
• Work with engineers and designers to evaluate equipment design through fluid dynamics and heat transfer analysis.
• Guide and lead model verification and validation efforts using data collected from experiments conducted by cross functional teams of glass science and manufacturing process experts.
• Engage with project teams, as a team member, team leader, or team resource.
• Support subject matter experts in technology developments for glass container manufacturing technologies.
• Provide guidance to project engineers in the area of heat transfer and fluid flow to ensure that the appropriate engineering analysis is performed throughout the design/development process.
• Prepare technical reports summarizing activities and recommendations.
• Manage multiple tasks while maintaining on-time schedules.
• Participate actively in the problem solving process.
SCOPE AND IMPACT:
Responsible for providing technical expertise to complete all projects from simple to complex. Plans and executes independent work within the project team. Devises and implements new approaches to solving problems. Is part of a team responsible for the development of high productivity, glass container manufacturing processes and equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field, with minimum of 5 years experience working in industry, preferably with a company engaged in industrial batch and continuous materials processing. Alternately, a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a similar discipline, with a curriculum of advanced courses in analysis of momentum, energy and mass transport applications.
• Fundamental knowledge and experience in the area of fluid dynamics and heat transfer
• Good working knowledge and industrial experience with CFD software and in particular with ANSYS Fluent and Gambit.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Desired skills:
a. Experience with the use of supporting mathematical tools such as Matlab, Mathematica, and Mathcad.
b. Experience with FEA analysis using tools such as Abaqus.
c. Experience in the glass container or similar industry.
d. Machine design, process automation, and process control experience.
This job is within the R&D structure. The position reports to the CAE discipline leader and to the technical leader for the project(s) the individual is assigned to.
The travel time requirements for this position are less than 10% including both domestic and international travel.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Click Here to Apply!
Owens-Illinois, Inc. (NYSE: OI) is the world's largest glass container manufacturer and preferred partner for many of the world's leading food and beverage brands. With revenues of $7.0 billion in 2012, the Company is headquartered in Perrysburg, Ohio, USA, and employs approximately 22,500 people at 79 plants in 21 countries. O-I delivers safe, sustainable, pure, iconic, brand-building glass packaging to a growing global marketplace. O-I’s Glass Is Life™ movement promotes the widespread benefits of glass packaging in key markets around the globe. For more information, visit www.o-i.com or www.glassislife.com.